Docs go TEDx
The first TEDxKielUniversity conference in 2015 was organized by doctoral candidates and students. During a course they learned key competences of project work which they where able to apply during the organization of the conference. Moreover, these yearly TEDxKielUniversity conferences give doctoral candidates and students the possibility to promote Kiel University’s international profile.
The focus of the project included amongst others:
- Project management
- Volunteer management
- Public relations (offline)
- Social Media
- Finances and Sponsoring
- Speakers assistance
- Event organisation
The Graduate Center offers for doctoral candidates a training program for the above-named areas, including a mentoring program, beginning in October 2016. It concentrates on the practical application of those skills within the context of the organization of the TEDxKielUniversity conference 2017.
Doctoral candidates and Post Docs of the Graduate Center as well as former participants of the courses below that would like to gain practical experiences with their skills.
For further questions:
Marika Fiedler (project staff at the Graduate Center): firstname.lastname@example.org
Project and volunteer management
- 10/24.03.20176 Communicating in Groups and Teams (Katharine Simmons)
- 05./06.04.217 Project Management and Leadership in Academia (Alexander Schiller)
- Practice and Polish YOUR Presentation (Carol Sheehan)
- 18.04.2017 Slidewriting and Storylining: Das eigene Forschungsprojekt komprimiert visualisieren (Markus Burger)