Intellectual Property - Protecting and Valorizing Research
Doctoral candidates who are interested in intellectual property focused on patents
Dr. Alexandra Cordeiro Baumgartner*
The workshop is designed to introduce the participants to the world of intellectual property, focusing on relevant issues for researchers:
- What is intellectual property?
- What is a patent, why patent protection is important and how to obtain it
- How patents can be used
- How to search for patent information and obtain valuable knowledge using it
- How to get from an idea to the market
- What to do if you invented something
Special emphasis will be given to the role of patent and commercial exploitation agencies assisting in the protection, implementation and commercialization of academic inventions.
Registrations are welcome until 26 January 2017 via our registration portal.
*: PVA SH GmbH
Patent- und Verwertungsagentur
für die wissenschaftlichen Einrichtungen
in Schleswig-Holstein GmbH